Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A lump.
An_193644 posted:
I was wondering if someone might be able to point my in the right direction. I have this lump by my vagina but its not near the opening its on my skin near the top of my vagina but not on it. It looks like bump under my skin and it doesn't hurt, its not red, just enlarged. Nothing leaks out of it either. Any ideas what it could be?

FCL responded:
Sounds like it could be your clitoris. Google it.

An_193645 replied to FCL's response:
Really? I'm not that dumb. It is not my clitoris. Its on the skin beside mu clitortis, but not on the "lips" as they are referred to. Its not on any part of my vagina, but the skin surrounding it.

Lost_Liger13 replied to An_193645's response:
can you give us more detail on the bump? is it a bump kinda like a mosquito bite or is the bump clear an looks like theres liquid inside? does it look like a normal bump as if one that yu can get on your face? (like a bump thats a zit but has no white or black head)

Roose_n_2011 replied to Lost_Liger13's response:
It just like a lump under my skin. It doesn't look like a sore and it doesn't have a white head on it or a black one like a pimple or zit. It's a tough little ball under my skin, I guess is how you would describe it. I can feel the bottom of it if I like squeeze the sides and it doesn't hurt to touch.

Lost_Liger13 replied to Roose_n_2011's response:
hmm...well im not sure what it could be myself. im sorry that i couldnt help you much.

Roose_n_2011 replied to Lost_Liger13's response:
No, you're fine. I was just trying to see if I could find out what it is before making an appointment so I have a better idea. Thanks anyway though! : )

Lost_Liger13 replied to Roose_n_2011's response:
your welcome ^_^

LoveYorkies responded:
Sounds like you could have a cyst. Either of one of the glands surrounding your vagina or a simple sebaceous cyst. These are nothing to worry about and may or may not be removed.

NewGirl2010 responded:
I agree with the other poster that it sounds like a cyst. perhaps a blocked oil gland. But I always thought those were someone painful and inflamed. I don't believe it is anything to worry about, but you may want to get it checked out to relieve your anxiety.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.