Skip to content
An_193732 posted:
My period is late... but I've been having cramps and clear/white thick discharge like a period... my husband and I have only had unprotected sex twice in March once one the 11 and then on the 31.....
newgirl2010 responded:
How many days late are you?

Did he ejaculate inside you?

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Has your period ever been late before (unrelated to pregnancy)?

the cramps and discharge you describe could very well be your impending period.

If you are more than a day or two late with your period, a higher sensitivity pregnancy test should be accurate by now.
An_193733 replied to newgirl2010's response:
I'm about 18 days late. No he didn't, he pulled out he finished by hand... I've never been late before. And I haven't taken a pt yet.
An_193734 replied to An_193733's response:
Take a trip to the local grocery store and pick up a Home Pregnancy Test, as a place to start. They're quite accurate, especially after you miss a period. First Response or Clear Blue Easy are highly rated. If it's negative, then there are other reasons why you can miss you period, such as not ovulating that particular month, stress, illness, etc. I hope this helps.
An_193735 replied to An_193734's response:
It does thanks!! I actually didnt know it was possible to not ovulate!
newgirl2010 replied to An_193733's response:
Well, if you are 18 days late a pregnancy test will definitely be accurate. It is good he pulled out. While not the most reliable form of birth control, if done correctly it is pretty effective in preventing pregnancy. Good luck.

Helpful Tips

I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.