please help
abchelpme posted:
my periods were normal then 18 month ago i gave birth to my daughter and ever since then my periods have been irregular and every time it is time for my cycle i get these really horrible pains whenever i need the toilet and sometimes find it impossible to go and as soon as my period as stopped i can go easily again and recently my stomach has blown up almost over night i never thought anything of the irregular periods etc until recently when i got really worried in case it is something serious i feel very uncomfortable going to see my gp please help

Take the Poll

my periods were normal then i gave birth n since theyve been irregular and when im on my period i get these awful pains when i need toilet which makes it impossible to go soon as my period has finished pain goes my tummy grew bigger literally over night help plz uncomfortable gp
  • what shall i do
  • what could it be
vote
View Poll Results

Hanafubuki responded:
First of all, you need to find a doctor you feel comfortable going to. You are having a health problem and if you cannot go to your doctor about it because they have made you afraid to bring up issues with them, then that is a problem. You may have endometriosis that is around your bladder and urethra; I have had some personal experience in that area and it is usually no problem urinating after menstruating. Please find a doctor you can go to. See a gynecologist also to investigate your problem - it needs attention if you are not urinating daily (that is a problem that needs immediate attention!).

abchelpme replied to Hanafubuki's response:
thank u and it is not the urine i have problems with during my period it is bowel movement i feel i need to go but is too painful to but as soon as my period stops the problem goes my cycle is very irregular though

An_193790 replied to abchelpme's response:
That happens to me regularly during my cycles. Sometimes the bowel movement is very painful when I first start my period but then while I do not have my period, it goes away. I took this as something that just came with my period and nothing else. Maybe I am wrong though? I would be interested to find out what is happening if you end up going to the doctor. I haven't any issues with my tummy getting bigger though.

abchelpme replied to An_193790's response:
is your cycle irregular too mine is really bad i dont feel comfortable with my gp tho so was wondering if the nurse would be able to help

Hanafubuki replied to abchelpme's response:
Without a physical exam, I don't think anyone will really be able to help, except with words of comfort, since a lot of us have been through gyne and doctor problems. You really should find another doctor, someone you can talk to and feel comfortable with. I don't know why you would be in so much pain with your bowel movements offhand, but I do know that the hormonal changes that come with our periods can cause diarrhea and/or constipation. If you are on other medication, or had any procedures or complications with your child's birth, those could also be factors. Get on the phone tomorrow and call a new doctor's office and set up an appointment, or set up an appointment with a gynecologist. You really need to be seen by someone that you can feel comfortable with. Good luck.

abchelpme replied to Hanafubuki's response:
thanks im on nomedication atm and had no complications giving birth i will call a doctor tomor and let you know the outcome thank u