Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    please help
    abchelpme posted:
    my periods were normal then 18 month ago i gave birth to my daughter and ever since then my periods have been irregular and every time it is time for my cycle i get these really horrible pains whenever i need the toilet and sometimes find it impossible to go and as soon as my period as stopped i can go easily again and recently my stomach has blown up almost over night i never thought anything of the irregular periods etc until recently when i got really worried in case it is something serious i feel very uncomfortable going to see my gp please help

    Take the Poll

    my periods were normal then i gave birth n since theyve been irregular and when im on my period i get these awful pains when i need toilet which makes it impossible to go soon as my period has finished pain goes my tummy grew bigger literally over night help plz uncomfortable gp
    • what shall i do
    • what could it be
    View Poll Results
    Hanafubuki responded:
    First of all, you need to find a doctor you feel comfortable going to. You are having a health problem and if you cannot go to your doctor about it because they have made you afraid to bring up issues with them, then that is a problem. You may have endometriosis that is around your bladder and urethra; I have had some personal experience in that area and it is usually no problem urinating after menstruating. Please find a doctor you can go to. See a gynecologist also to investigate your problem - it needs attention if you are not urinating daily (that is a problem that needs immediate attention!).
    abchelpme replied to Hanafubuki's response:
    thank u and it is not the urine i have problems with during my period it is bowel movement i feel i need to go but is too painful to but as soon as my period stops the problem goes my cycle is very irregular though
    An_193790 replied to abchelpme's response:
    That happens to me regularly during my cycles. Sometimes the bowel movement is very painful when I first start my period but then while I do not have my period, it goes away. I took this as something that just came with my period and nothing else. Maybe I am wrong though? I would be interested to find out what is happening if you end up going to the doctor. I haven't any issues with my tummy getting bigger though.
    abchelpme replied to An_193790's response:
    is your cycle irregular too mine is really bad i dont feel comfortable with my gp tho so was wondering if the nurse would be able to help
    Hanafubuki replied to abchelpme's response:
    Without a physical exam, I don't think anyone will really be able to help, except with words of comfort, since a lot of us have been through gyne and doctor problems. You really should find another doctor, someone you can talk to and feel comfortable with. I don't know why you would be in so much pain with your bowel movements offhand, but I do know that the hormonal changes that come with our periods can cause diarrhea and/or constipation. If you are on other medication, or had any procedures or complications with your child's birth, those could also be factors. Get on the phone tomorrow and call a new doctor's office and set up an appointment, or set up an appointment with a gynecologist. You really need to be seen by someone that you can feel comfortable with. Good luck.
    abchelpme replied to Hanafubuki's response:
    thanks im on nomedication atm and had no complications giving birth i will call a doctor tomor and let you know the outcome thank u

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.