Skip to content
OMG Jane Please help !!!!!
duckyduck posted:
Ok so like I know I just posted but I checked my ovulation calender based on my last period I'm on day 12 of my cycle which is 27 days long meaning I'm fertile with my iud falling out now I'm real freaked cause my boyfriend and I had sex today we were going to use the rythm and pull out method which we used today but I didn't know I was fertile what should I do

trubeauty_1 responded:
i'd recommend plan b. Its not 100% but if you pulled out it might be effective.

Of course my friend took it within 4 hours of intercourse and 9 months later delivered baby number 3. However she conceived all 5 times on birthcontrol.

slinky748 responded:
"The rythm and pull out method" is NOT NOT NOT NOT a contraceptive method. NEVER EVER use this method unless you dont mind getting pregnant, that goes for when you are "not fertile" as well, as hormomes can be unpredictable even if you are as regular as clockwork.

If you don't want a baby get the after morning pill ASAP.

newgirl2010 responded:
Actually, the withdrawal method can be effective at preventing pregnancy. Well, must better than nothing at all. However, this depends on a few factors. The big issue is that a man must know he body well enough to pull out in time. Also, he should have urinated after his last ejaculation. Furthermore, when he ejaculates it should not be anywhere near your vagina.

I also would recommend Plan B. Take it as soon as possible after the unprotected act.

If you really don't want to get pregnant, I would consider alternate, more effective forms of birth control than withdrawal and rhythm method.

newgirl2010 replied to newgirl2010's response:
Actually, i didn't read your post closely enough. You said you use an IUD. So it looks like you are on board with a highly effective form of birth control.

I think the fact you have an IUD (even though it just fell out), withdrawal method implemented, and Plan B (if you choose to take it), your pregnancy risk is low.

slinky748 replied to newgirl2010's response:
Sorry I dont agree. Im as studemt midwife how has seen plenty of girls pregant thro this "method".

As soon as the male is errect he can start producing fluid which may have sperm in it. This is not only due to last ejaculation leaving seamen still in.

The only way of preventing preganancy without PROPER contraception is simple - dont have sex. Even with contraception you can still fall pregannt, this method is very dangerous indeed and is NOT "effective" in any way shape or form!.

Peggy9393 responded:
I agree with Slinky748! ?I would like to add 10 more NOT's and NEVER's about using the rhythm/pull out method as an effective means of not becoming pregnant. ?I, too, do not consider it a form of birth control. ?Yes, it is better than nothing at all, but when there are so many effective forms of birth control out there (even condoms), why risk it? ?During intercourse, some semen or pre-ejaculate occurs. ?If your IUD was still present (you mentioned it was"falling out"), you probably still have a hostile environment in your uterus that will not allow the implantation of an embryo, so I would not worry so much about that. ?But to put your mind at rest, ?you should choose the plan better "safe" than "sorry".

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.