Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ughh waiting waiting waiting
An_193896 posted:
This is less of a question as more of a vent...
I had unprotected sex the day after my cycle ended. I ovulated
almost a week later... don't know if i missed the window.
i had some unusual spotting 9 days in. I've had queasiness for 2 weeks and sore breasts for a week. I wouldn't say i've got cramping, i keep getting twinges...
My period was due today...nothing...
I bought a prego test, but wouldn't you know it, it errored! So
im back to the waiting...
I had a drink thinking i wasn't Preg. but now i'm panicking...
....tick tick tick.... shoulda bought a 2nd test.....

An_193897 responded:
Oh I would wait about a month then try another pregnancy test Gosh Girly you may be making your period late just from stressing!LOL wait atleast 2-3 more weeks to test again!good luck to you take care!:)

trubeauty_1 replied to An_193897's response:
3 more weeks...? ...ugh no... LOL! Not gonna happen! hahaha as we can see i am not the most patient person. I think waiting another day is good! :)
and as far as the stress you're probably right! hahaha!

LoveYorkies replied to An_193897's response:
Why would she wait 2-3 weeks??? Some tests say they can be used a week BEFORE a missed period. She has already missed her period (or is at least late).

OP: Get another test and take it with your first void of the day tomorrow. Urine is most concentrated first thing in the morning so if you are pregnant the hormone should be detected. Also, since you got a error on the first one, you might want another brand (what a pain!!). Also, unless you ovulate early in your cycle, you should be in the clear but you never know. Get some condoms next time. Good luck.

NewGirl2010 responded:
I agree. Two-three weeks is sufficient time after unprotected sex to take a pregnancy test. You may want to try First Response-Early Detection as it is a bit more sensitive then some of the others. First morning urine is always a good idea as well. Good luck (which ever way you want to go). Also, if you are pregnant, don't worry about having one drink. One drink so early on will not present an issue.

An_193898 responded:
Hey you all as I also said stress can be a main cause too of late/missed periods but also remember ppl pregnancy is not the only or main cause of missed/late periods!:) and there are also early detection pregnancy test but hey just buy 1 at the dang dollar stare as i did woth my #2 child and take with your 1st morning potty break and try that!:) take care all

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.