Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Candida - yeast infection in the human ear
An_194057 posted:
Hello.
I have a yeast infection in the ear. It all started out as an ear ache/virus/infections. Had 3 lots of antiobotics with ear drop. Then a test was done and finally the result came back with yeast. Was given ear spray plus tabets to combat this from the doctor. This cleared the ears up but now I have to go on a yeast free diet and no sugar, no cheese or mushrooms etc. Is there a dietician that can help me please. Every time I eat any of the item mentioned above, my ears start to play up and get worse. Any one out there got this sort of problem?

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear Anon: There is not much data to support the use of a "yeast free diet" at the National Library of Medicine site. Some women swear that such a diet was helpful for them. If it works really well for you then it may be worth your while to pursue it. A dietician, or naturopath, will usually have the most expertise in working with this type of diet.

Here is a good overview of this type of ear infection. The link is focused on medical treatments but there are sections on prevention as well:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/swimmers_ear/page7_em.htm#Medical%20Treatment

Yours,
Jane

nutritionfromatoz replied to Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP's response:
I am a certified nutritionist ( I don't think you really want a dietician). To eradicate the candida, read the information here: http://fibromyalgia-irritable-bowel-candida-support.com/about-candida.aspx You will need to go off all sweeteners and other foods that help the yeast in your body grow (not mushrooms). You should definitely take Morinda Supreme and Melia Supreme at the same time to speed up the process (not sure you will eradicate the candida entirely without the supplements, and you may have to go back on the diet multiple times).
You need to be strict on the diet, but you will find it will not only rid you of candida, but likely will help you restore your immune system. Source(s): http://fibromyalgia-irritable-bowel-candida-support.com/about-candida.aspx

georgiagail replied to nutritionfromatoz's response:
Actually you might consider discussing this with a registered dietitian who will review your diet with you, tell you that there is no research that links diet to yeast infections but, since staying away from these products seems to make you feel better avoiding products such as sugar, cheese or mushrooms will not place you at nutritional risk for any other health issues.

Gail (a registered dietitian).

larryndallas replied to nutritionfromatoz's response:
Some dietitians are also CCN's. Best of both worlds.

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.