Skip to content
Real strong smelling ( as if bowel movement ) type of odor after urinating
An_194065 posted:
Why does it smell like I had a real bad bowel movement when all I did was pee? This happens more frequent than not lately and it is soooo gross! I smell it mostly as I'm pulling up my pants and flushing the toilet ......I do have some thick white pastey stuff inside my vagina but that has no smell to it at all. If anyone has an answer to this or they have experienced the same, please reply It's driving me crazy!!! Thank-you all.

An_194066 responded:
know that when your urine has a strong order to it and a heavy yellow color your not drinking enough water. not drinking enough water causes this type of thing to happen to you when you urinate.

Anmar22 responded:
It sounds like you could have some kind of infection. You should go get it checked out.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Anon_26858,

In this article on Vaginal Fistula , it mentions "If you have a rectovaginal, colovaginal, or enterovaginal fistula, you most likely have foul-smelling discharge or gas coming from your vagina."

I don't know if this can happen when you urinate, but this is probably something your doctor should check out.

Yours in health,

Byroney

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.