Skip to content
Bleeding after Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy
jepan513 posted:
I am 36 years old and BRCA 1+. I had both of my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed because of my high risk of ovarian cancer. I had this surgery about 4 weeks ago. I bled for about 2 weeks after my surgery, which I expected. I then stopped bleeding for about 1 1/2 weeks and now for the last 5 days I am bleeding again. The blood is dark and not to heavy, although there are some clots. I stayed on birth control after my surgery to prevent me from going onto surgical menopause right now. I am having a double mastectomy at the end of July and once all of my surgeries regarding that are done I plan on going on HRT. I don't know if I need to be concerned about this bleeding, if it's from the surgery or from me taking birth control pills?

Aleigh1978 responded:
Wow so young you are to have to face all that already!sorry to hear this.what made you want to go through all this so soon?

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.