Skip to content
Spotting & cramping 2 weeks before my due period?
An_194891 posted:
Hello: Yesterday, I noticed that i had light pink and red spotting. And today its a brown discharge. But its very light. My period is not due for another 2 weeks! My husband and I have been very sexually active and do not use protection. I have never spotted in between periods before and i have always had a very regular period it comes every 34 days. I have also experienced light cramping and discomfort. This should be my ovulating time.....is this just a different kind ovulation this month or is it a sign of pregnancy? I know its very early to test. What should I do? Any advice or suggestions would be very helpful!!! THANKS!

Take the Poll

I noticed that i had light pink and red spotting. And today its a brown discharge. But its very light. My period is not due for another 2 weeks! My husband and I have been very sexually active and do not use protection. I have never spotted in between periods before and i have always had a very regular period it comes every 34 days. I have also experienced light cramping and discomfort. This should be my ovulating time.....is this just a different kind ovulation this month or is it a sign of pregnancy? I know its very early to test.
  • sign of pregnancy
  • Ovulation change
  • Infection
vote
View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
This could be due to either ovulation or you might be experiencing implantation bleeding.

If implantation bleeding, wait a few days and take a pregnancy test. If negative, wait until you would normally start menstruation (it sounds as if you are normally very regular in this schedule) and if it doesn't show up, take another pregnancy test.

Gail

An_194892 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks so much Gail!

Last it stopped, and my husband and I had sex. But when we were done I noticed it came back for a little. Today I am just as campy. But I have less spotting and it's a brownish color. I am hoping I receive a nice clear answer soon! And that its nothing dangerous that I need to monitor. Its just kind of scary when your body has been so regular and is now having sudden changes.

Thanks again.

Helpful Tips

My problem
I am 18yrs old female. I am a very sensitive and innocent girl. This incident happened last year. I had an affair with my boyfriend. After ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.