Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bladder Tacking
01ashley01 posted:
I recently went to my doctor thinking that my uterus was falling out. Come to find out it was my bladder. She instructed me on some excercise to preform and prescribed me some hormones. She also said that Icould have surgery to "tack" my bladder up. My questions are:
How safe is this surgery
Should I have it done?
What is the recovery time?
And what are the pros and cons if I choose to have the surgery?
I can`t seem to get with the excercises and there are times when i can feel my bladder between my labia. Although it is not uncomfortable it is just weird to feel like something is trying to slip out of your body.
I have refrained from any relationships because of this. How do you explain this to a man?!
Would I be able to have a normal sex life afterwards?
I am a seasonal worker and the months of October and November would be a good tome for the surgery. How long before I can return to work after the surgery.
I am cosidering it and just want as much information about how the surgery is done and the effects on the body following the surgery.
Please help!
Thank you.

georgiagail responded:
The attached article should answer many of your questions:

http://www.wcwsc.com/Bladder%20control%20surgery.htm

Gail

01ashley01 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for your help. The information was very valuable. I have made myself an appointment to see my doctor so we can discuss some of these issues. Thank you again Gail.

dcostello responded:
I had this surgery done in 06. Was good while it lasted but I had caught bronchitis and the harsh coughing placed by bladder back in the leeking mode. Everything else went back to normal about 6 weeks after surgery.

Helpful Tips

Irregular menstrual cycle
My daughter has been passing dark blood for over 10 days now. There are clots involved and the blood shed is between a very heavy flow and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.