Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    losing virginity after menopause
    Noelle1963 posted:
    I am 46 years old and a virgin. I went through menopause at age 42. I have always been afraid that sex would be painful. Now that I've gone through menopause, I'm really afraid. I know that after menopause the body goes through changes that can cause painful sex for women who are not virgins. If its hurts women who have been sexually active, I wonder what it would be like for someone who is a virgin. I'm afraid that if I lose my virginity now that I've gone through menopause, it will be extremely painful. Is there anything that can be done medically to keep it from being painful? I'm wondering if I should just forget about ever having a sexual relationship because of the possiblity of pain. Thank you, Noelle
    4oSomething responded:
    yes you could start a prescription for vaginal estrogen at least a few weeks before you start having sex. estrogen reverses vaginal dryness and atrophy brought on by menopause.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.