Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain in left ovary, low back pain
An_195804 posted:
I had an ectopic pregnancy last November and had a salpingectomy on my left side. I have had pains off and on in my left ovary and ultrasounds and blood tests previously done have come back negative for any results.
I have been having severe lower back pain, headaches, nausea, and pain in my left ovary for 4 days now and it has not gotten any better or worse (although sometimes the pain in my ovary is sharper) I initially thought maybe I was ovulating, but I am fairly sure this happened last week. I almost feel like I am having menstrual cramps however I have not had a period. My last period was at the end of August/beginning of September and my next period will probably be the first week of October. I hate going to the doctors because I have had so many problems with my pelvic area and I have never gotten any answers. I have also previously had cysts on my ovaries. I am extremely tired and the pain is worse in my ovary and lower back when my bladder is full. Does anyone else have similar problems?

amysue12483 responded:
Hi,

I was wondering what you ended up finding out about this? I had my last period Sept. 30th....I started getting sharp pain in my left ovary around Oct. 7th I guess, and it has been there, stabbing me for the last 2 1/2 weeks! I have had an extremely painful lower back everyday, I am extremely tired everyday (cannot keeps my eyes open), ive been nauseous, dizzy, ive had a lot of heartburn and I just look sickly. Never before have I ever had anything like this, and ive never had a history of ovarian cysts. Today the pain was much worse so I may consider going to see a doctor tomorrow....I also hate going to the doctors Please let me know what you found out

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.