Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
URINE SMELLS LIKE TUNA
An_195820 posted:
Every now and then when i pee i smell tuna... and i do not know what to do or if there is something wrong? Is that normal? Answer plz

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Anon_75320,

I would mention this to your doctor's office. Ask about bringing in a urine sample for testing, or giving a sample at the office the next time you notice the smell. That way, hopefully your doctor can give you some answers.

You may also want to jot down foods you ate and how close/far from your period you are when you notice the smell.

Yours in health,

Byroney

AnswerPlz replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you for the reply...
I will begin to jot down foods i eat and see...
going to a doctor will be a little difficult for me because of money issues...

Its been 6 days now and my urine smells fine...

I feel i may have hormonal imbalance because my periods are EXTREMELY painful and i am beginning to have facial hair!!

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.