Skip to content
still leaking breast milk almost 2 years after baby
cantgetonmylevl2 posted:
Hello my name is lisa. I am 25 years old and I have 2 kids. one is 4 and the other is going to be 2 in january. I have an issue I'm trying to figure out. I am leaking breast milk still and I don't breastfeed my daughter. She's going to be 2 in january I never breastfed her and I have no idea why I'm leaking like I have a newborn baby. My mom says to take a pregnancy test but I have been getting my period every month so I doubt I'm pregnant. I need some advice.....
fcl responded:
Is your partner a "breast man"? If he is, then he is probably supplying the stimulation necessary for you to continue lactating ...
cantgetonmylevl2 replied to fcl's response:
Well I'm a single mom and I have been single since I was pregnant with my daughter. I have been leaking since I had my daughter. Which is weird because I didn't breastfeed her. My mom is thinking that there is something wrong because my periods are very heavy and I get strong pain when I have it. I have to see my doctor, but I'm worried because she has the same things except the leaking and she has a tumor in her uterus. I know leaking isn't normal almost 2 years after giving birth and never breastfeeding. I mean I can produce enough milk to feed a newborn right now. Sometimes I'll leak through my bra onto my shirt and my sister tells me I leaked through when I haven't noticed. My breasts are swollen with milk. I'm at a loss. lol.
chinyem responded:
I noticed same issue very recently. I'm due to take some tests to ascertain the cause. Please share if you have been diagnosed and cured.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 103 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.