Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sex After Cervical Biopsy?
MHP8982 posted:
Well I am 5 days past my biopsy. They only took one small outer sample and the other was an ecc inside the canal. I'm feeling great. All pain and cramping. . What little i had was gone in about 2 days. Now i had been told to wait a week before having sex. . Dr didn't really say. He just said wait for results. . Which i should get tomorrow. But i have read several things and they say anything from 2 days to 2 weeks. With the majority being about 1 week. So i'm just wondering since i'm feeling great would it really hurt anything? My husband and I are trying to conceive (Dr says we are ok to do this still) I am due to ovulate Thursday.. which is exactly one week from procedure.. so that is why I'm wondering. I was hoping to be able to try for it this cycle.. and all the conflicting information has me confused.. what is best to do? Does it depend on the woman and the situation? Would it be ok if we were careful to try? I'm just hoping for some advice!

Thanks so much!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear MHP8982,

You'll need to make the decision whether or not to follow your doctor's advice. None of us here are doctors or are in any way qualified to contradict what your doctor has said.

Best wishes for good results from the biopsy,

Byroney

MHP8982 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks.. I understand. He actually told me just after the weekend.. And I've chosen to wait a week because that's what most everything has said. But I'm just confused by all the conflicting things I've read. Tomorrow is 1 week.. so it's not a big deal. Just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any reason that I should need to wait longer than that.

An_238923 responded:
I kno this reply is quite late...but I wanted to post for any other ladies who were searchng for answers as I myself was. I had sex one week after my colposcopy...I was feeling great. I had no discharge or cramping by the fourth day. The morning after I had sex I was cramping terribly and gagging all morning. I was almost unable to go to work. I would recommend 7-10 days before sex.Some people are okay to have sex after seven...but I owuld highly recommend at least 10 days. I hope this was helpful to anyone searching for answers.

candy88 replied to An_238923's response:
I had a biopsy on my cervix 2 days ago. Tonight me and my husband had sex. During sex I started bleeding heavy and clotting. I also am having sharp pains in my lower stomach that is almost unbearable. Do I need to go to the doctor? My doctor never told me not to have sex. I'm very worried. Need some advice soon.

georgiagail replied to candy88's response:
If you are still bleeding and still having those pains, yes.

Gail

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.