Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Passing a blood clot without having my period?
An_196023 posted:
I passed a blood clot this morning, thinking that I was getting my period a couple weeks early but never had any form of bleeding after that. Is this something I need to be concerned about?
Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear Anon: Gosh you didn't mention your age, or if you are using any type of hormones or not. A blood clot could come from inside the uterus if there is bleeding from hormones or even heavy spotting due to the estrogen spike that happens midcycle (ovulation-related). Even a molar pregnancy can prompt passage of grape like tissue/clots.

If more clots or erratic bleeding continues/escalates then you should contact your GYN or clinic. There are MANY reasons why someone would suddenly begin to bleed--a lot depends upon your age and GYN history.

In Apology,

Helpful Tips

moving feeling in stomach but not pregnant
I don't think its gas because I always take a tum or anti acid tablet when I get gas because heartburn usually come along with my gas. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.