Skip to content
Rectal bleeding while on my period
rjune04 posted:
For the last 2 months, only during the week of my period, I bleed while I poop. Sorry to be blunt. But it's really worrying me. I poop quite regularly so this happens at least 4 days out of my period. But once I'm off my period, I poop normally without any blood. I'm not sure if I should be worried or not since it only happens during that week?
Thank you in advance for any advice.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Is it coming from your rectum? It may just be menstral blood. If you are using a pad, blood will come out when you use the bathroom since the pad is not there to absorb the blood. I use a tampon and occasionally when I need to change my tampon, I'll have blood in the toilet when I both urinate and deficate.

rjune04 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
No, it's definitely coming from my rectum. It's only when I go poop..it's not only in the toilet but also on the toilet paper when I wipe. I've checked on a few occasions to make sure it is actually coming for my rectum and it is. It's a really odd problem that's for sure.

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.