Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Please help me understand why this has happened
harleyc2007 posted:
I am 26 y/o female who had a Mirena inserted in August. From august to october I had the UID,and had problems the whole time it was in. From day one I was told that some moderate spotting was usual for the first 6-8 weeks. I did have that but also had extensive pain. I finally had enough and the pain was to much to deal with. I went to my dr and was told that I had a bacterial infection and was treated with the antibotic, Flagyl, went back in 1 week and was told everything was cleared up but still had problems so I had it removed. Since then I have had no problems, but recieved a itimized statement and relized that my culture came back as clamidia. I have been with the same man for 8 years and no one else and he has had no STD'S or any problems of any kind. My dr didnt tell me any of this nor did I recieve any letter from them. Is there any explanation for this to have happened. Need to know something because my marriage depends on it. Thanks

An_196301 responded:
I thought this might help!! NOTICE the third item in the list below!!

Chlamydia and gonorrhea are the two bacteria that cause most cases of PID.However, bacteria may also enter the body during some surgical or office procedures, such as:

sheba040183 replied to An_196301's response:
website where I found the information.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000888.htm

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.