Skip to content
help
TSealy posted:
Hello, i am a female and recently while engaging in intercourse with my boyfriend i had a little pain and then we noticed a little bit of blood. it was just the tiniest amount and we stopped and i was able to engage in intercourse the next day. i have been reading up and i believe the most probable cause would be a small vaginal tear. I had described the pain to my boyfriend as a cut before i read about micro cuts and it seemed to go away pretty quickly. The pain was minimal and it felt like maybe there was a little too much friction. Does this sound reasonable? what other causes might you girls suggest? And i do have an appointment set up with my OB/GYN this month

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear TSealy,

Hello and welcome! Nurse Jane has a blog entry all about Postcoital Bleeding , or bleeding after sex. It discusses some possible causes and where the bleeding could be coming from.

It should help give you some ideas of what to talk to your OB/GYN about at your appointment. I think you're very smart to get it checked out.

Best wishes,

Byroney

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.