Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need advice, please...
nic14120 posted:
I am 28 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and have gestational diabetes for the 2nd time. I managed it with diet alone for my son, but this time around I am on insulin at night for my fastings. I am followed by a endo for this and my OB follows the baby. I was told that since I need insulin I need to have a sono every 4 wks and a non stress test starting at 32 wks. I am happy they are monitoring me closely. With my son, I had had a sono in my third tri and was told that I had a stage 2 placenta. He was born just shy of 38 wks and the dr said I had calcifications on the placenta. So that concerns me this time. The OB said with GD, that it can age the placenta sooner, hense the sono's and NST. I went today, the sono tech was kind of rude-ugh, and when I mentioned the placenta aging she seemed clueless to what I meant. No dr's were in, so now I am stressing and worried that she didn't know what to look for and is saying it looked fine without knowing. Any advice on this, how to proceed for reassurance?

georgiagail responded:
Wait until you talk with your physician regarding the results of this sonogram.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.