Skip to content
2 periods 1 week apart?
stefanilynn posted:
I had my regular period that lasted 6 days as usual for me. Exactly 7 days later I had light pink spotting that lasted for 2 days. The next day after the spotting stopped I started having a regular flow like a period and it's bright red, sometimes with clots and I have been bleeding like this for 3 days now. I am not on the pill and no chance of being pregnant. I am also only 33 so I don't think it could have anything to do with menopause. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I can't get ahold of my doctor until tuesday and I'm quite worried. Thanks

georgiagail responded:
While we cannot diagnose what this might be, this second episode is not a menstrual period.

The most common reasons for abnormal vaginal bleeding are uterine fibroids; benign growths in the uterus that can expand into blood vessels, causing this bleeding.

Gail

An_258983 responded:
This also happened to me. I'm 36 and have no way of getting pregnant naturally because I had both my tubes removed. I have endometriosis as well however my cycles have always been normal but for whatever reason this time around I'm going through the same thing you are. My last cycle started on Aug 20 and lasted 7 days too but on the 31st I noticed some spotting where the blood was like a like brownish red color and now it has become bright red like a regular cycle because I'm still bleeding but its not flowing only when I wipe I can it. I'm very concerned and I have been stressed worrying about it. I have had a history of developing fibroids and cyst but with the fibroids they resolve after my cycles are over. To make things worse I have been having migraines and my blood pressure has been up so at this point I'm concerned. I have an appointment for an ultrasound Friday so I pray its nothing serious and I pray nothing is wrong with you as well my dear. I'm so glad I came across your post because I have had the same question s.

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.