Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vaginal blisters- Unbearable when using the bathroom
JessLynne07 posted:
About 6 months ago I had a large red bump near my vaginal opening. I also had some strep symptoms- swollen neck glands, very swollen neck/back muscles. I went to the ER for my "strep" because it got so bad and went the OB the day after. The OB decided it was a staph infection and told me the antibiotics I got the night before would be fine. Back in January, the same thing happened while I was on a trip. I got antibiotics and it went away. I am again experiencing the same thing (with a few bumps though) and am waiting for test results. My doctor said it is uncharacteristic of staph, but also uncharacteristic of std's. I have anti-virals and antibiotics I am taking. It is my 2nd day- the bumps overall seem a bit better but are starting to open up and it is UNBERABLE when I go to the bathroom. I nearly threw up from the pain and it stung very bad for a bout 5 minutes after. Any suggestions on what I should do?

spunkiegirl71 responded:
are they like blisters. or do they look like cancer sores like you would get in your mouth? it could be herpes. i was diagnosed when i was 3 months pregnant. that was 15 years ago. the pain was unbearable when i urinated. i took mirror and saw these cancer sores. they prescribed valtrex cream because i was pregnant. try asking for a blood test for herpes. hopefully it is not, but be extra cautious if you are sexually active....good luck!

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.