Skip to content
Bloody sack fell out of my vagina, followed by lots of blood clots?
brooksy_t posted:
Hi there,
I got my period yesterday. I have had normal cramps etc last night and this morning. When I jumped in the shower this morning, I felt like something was sliding out of my vagina. A bloody sack like thing fell into my hand. This sack is longer than my index finger, about 6cm wide across the top, with a hole/opening, and tapers down to a point at the bottom. It is pink, and has blood on parts of it. After this, I had many clots and blood falling out for about five minutes. I don't know what this means?
I am normally on the contraceptive pill, but haven't been diligent in taking it every day for the last two weeks. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last weekend, and I took the morning after pill because we weren't confident about the regular pill.. I also took a pregnany test, which was negative, at this time, because we had a little freak out about not wanting babies at the moment..
We have had unprotected sex in the last few months, but I have been taking the pill for months before that every day..

I have had clots in previous periods, but not this bad, and nothing sack like has ever come out.

Please help me. :|

brooksy_t responded:
P.s. I am 20 years old

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear brooksy_t,

Hello and thanks for posting! Here's an article that talks about Clots During Your Period that may help.

If you kept the tissue, you may want to take it to your doctor to get an expert answer about what it could be. It may or may not be what you think it is.

Let us know how it turns out,

Byroney
You must do the thing you think you cannot do. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.