Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HPV Update.
LovelyLii posted:
Hey Guys,

Its been a week , I had my biopsy done only another dreadful week until I receive my results YIKES . Mixed emotions about it, it was a success though I am just praying the results come back ok, if not I am gonna go in for Laser treatment(OMG!! LASER I am scared, how was that if anyone has had it done ??????) I am a definitely a bit nervous about the results, but I am gratefully because I have now accepted it only took me 7 months haha. Anyway, I hope all is well.

-Lii :*

Stay positive, life is short might as well be happy :) !

georgiagail responded:
I had a laser treatment done almost 14 years ago. It really was nothing to go through this.

Gail

wellnessmom4 replied to georgiagail's response:
Georgiagail - did you have lasering on the vulva or internally? Message boards are both wonderful (for sharing experiences and information) and horrible (for scaring each other senseless sometimes!). In researching vulvar lasering (which I may be needing in the near future), I've read some depressing testimonials about painful recovery and recurrence after laser treatments. So, if you had vulvar lasering and found it to be "nothing," this would be very welcome and comforting news to me. Just the vulvar biopsy I had done was very painful. I don't know if my Gyn didn't numb it first or tried to numb it (and failed!), but it was bad. I'm thinking the lasering has got to be worse, so I'm dreading it.

georgiagail replied to wellnessmom4's response:
I had this done to my cervix. It was done as outpatient surgery and I was under mild anesthesia during the procedure.

Gail

LovelyLii replied to georgiagail's response:
I hope so, because my results came back this morning after ironically writing about this early this morning. I am a little nervous. Its scheduled for April, I hope it goes well though. :/
Lii

LovelyLii replied to wellnessmom4's response:
Yikes! Now I am really not anxious....
Lii

LovelyLii replied to georgiagail's response:
Yea mine is going to be to my cervix also, hopefully my experience goes as well as yours
Lii

Helpful Tips

Tips
Doing yoga, (especially fetal position) always works for me as well as deep breathing, at least for a minute. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.