Skip to content
PCOS: Irregular periods now regular?
RedSatin posted:
I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18 years old after years of suffering from irregular periods and ER visits due to severe pain from cysts. Not once have I never had regular periods until this year. I had a misscarriage in December and since then I have had very regular, heavy and long periods. My OBGYN tested my thyroid to determine if that was the reason for my misscarriage... it came back in the "normal range". I also seem to have other symptoms like difficulty finding words. It is almost as if my brain is not connected to the rest of my body. For example, mind says "I will be back later" and my mouth says " I will be later". I also have a hard time concentrating. I feel sluggish, fatigued, confused, forgetfull, with joint pain, headaches, no sex drive and muscle spasms. I also seem to have a significant increase in my lack of motivation. For example, I have always procrastinated at turning in my college homework, but I always turned in A work. Now I don't even turn in any homework which is not like me at all!!! My sleep has also increased from 6-8 hours every night to 10-12 hours. I have to write everything down or I will forget it not even 10 seconds later. Every day I feel worse!

When I finally decided to go to the doctor, she looked at me like I was crazy to complain about regular periods. They told me I was just depressed. I argued with them that I was NOT depressed... even my husband doesn't believe I am depressed... in fact I am rather happy with my life despite my health problems at present. I have a beautiful, soon to be 5 year old daughter. A husband who loves me and I will be graduating from college on Sunday. Regardless of what I told them, they still said I was depressed. They did a CT scan of my head and tested my thyroid again. Both tests came back "normal" which only strengthened her opinion. So, she put me on an anit-depressant for a month to see if it will help. Well after a month of taking a stupid pill, I feel the same if not worse. The longer I let this go on, the worse I feel. I just don't know who else to turn to. Am I crazy, or is something really wrong with me? Is it good to have regular periods after a life time of irregular periods?

Helpful Tips

My problem
I am 18yrs old female. I am a very sensitive and innocent girl. This incident happened last year. I had an affair with my boyfriend. After ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.