Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
What is a Nubian cyst?
shammydoll posted:
Today I had a PAP done and the Dr said I have what looks like nubian cysts, I have tried to look this up with no luck so I am wandering if anyone else knows what they are.
Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear shammydoll: I suspect that you have a "nabothian cyst(s)". These are like clogged ducts of the glands on the face of the cervix. They can be pin head size, or as big as the end of a pencil eraser. These cysts are totally benign and very normal. Like clogged ducts on our face ("zits"), nabothian cysts can come and go.

Here is a link to more information; be sure to click on the images so you can see what they look like:


Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.