Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
What is a Nubian cyst?
shammydoll posted:
Today I had a PAP done and the Dr said I have what looks like nubian cysts, I have tried to look this up with no luck so I am wandering if anyone else knows what they are.

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear shammydoll: I suspect that you have a "nabothian cyst(s)". These are like clogged ducts of the glands on the face of the cervix. They can be pin head size, or as big as the end of a pencil eraser. These cysts are totally benign and very normal. Like clogged ducts on our face ("zits"), nabothian cysts can come and go.

Here is a link to more information; be sure to click on the images so you can see what they look like:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001514.htm

Yours,
Jane

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.