Skip to content
Ouch!
avenged89 posted:
Ok I have a question concerning pain in my upper right leg. I have had pains off and on in my upper right leg for about three years now.When it happens it lasts about two weeks. Here recently its started back again. Its not my whole leg that hurts, just a spot about the size of a softball. Its a dull pain at times and other times it feels like someones sticking tiny needles in my leg. When I'm sleeping at night and start to turn over to my left side, it feels like my leg is glued to the bed and I'm trying to rip it off. I'm not sure exactly what this could be as it only happens every now and then. I've tried many things like icy-hot to help but it does nothing. I've also tried pain relievers but no help there either. I was just wondering if its cause for concern or if anyone has any ideas as to what it might be.

avenged89 responded:
Sorry if I didn't post this in the right place. I wasn't real sure where I should post it.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Avenge and welcome to WebMD,

No one online can suggest a diagnosis and what I'm wondering is whether you've discussed this at any point with your doctor over the last three years? If you did a while ago with no help, try again. S/he needs to know this keeps returning and help you pursue real answers.

talanaa2 responded:
The daughter of my mother's friend had pain in her leg like you are describing and she ignored it for the most part. It turned out to be malignant cancer; she died leaving a young son for her parents to raise. Had she went to the doctor earlier, she may have lost a leg but would have been alive.

I am not saying that you have cancer, but if the pain is localized, I would defiantly have a doctor look at it and insist they check for a tumor or cancer as sometimes doctor's "forget" that otherwise healthy people can have cancer/tumor and not have any other symptoms.

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.