Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Inject HPV wrong appointment.
meoghe posted:
Hi,
I were inject two dose HPV, but thrid dose i were miss it. Current, could me inject thrid dose? Is it influence to my health?

Regards
meoghe

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear meoghe: You did not mention which of the two HPV vaccines you received for the initial and second dose. This is the manufacturer's information for Gardasil, which has been around longer:

Gardasil--"If you miss a dose your doctor or other health professional will decide when to give the next dose" ..."Individuals are encouraged to adhere to the 0-, 2-, and 6-month vaccination schedule. However, in clinical studies, efficacy has been demonstrated in individuals who have received all 3 doses within a 1-year period."

I would urge you to contact your GYN or clinic so you can get your third dose as soon as possible.

Yours,
Jane

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.