Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I FEEL MOVEMENT IN MY STOMACH BUT IM NOT PREGNANT!
Natisha89 posted:
OMG!! I AM FEELING THIS MOVEMENT IN SIDE MY STOMACH BUT IM NOT PREGNANT... ITS SO CRAZY.. FOR ONE I JUS HAD A BABYGIRL SHE WILL BE ONE AUG 6TH N I WAS ON IMPLANON.. THE ONE THAT GOES N YOUR ARM N LAST FR 3YRS..N I JUS TOOK IT OUT.. BUT THIS STARTED WAY BEFORE I TOOK IT OUT SO I KNO FOR A FACT IM NOT PREGNANT PLUS I WASNT REALLY HAVIN SEX.. WELL ITS BEEN A FEW WEEKS NOW BUT FOR SOME REASON I KEEP FEELING SOMETHING N MY STOMACH.. ITS FEELS JUS LIKE A BABY.. BUT I KNO FOR A FACT IM NOT PREGNANT... AT TIMES WHEN I FEEL IT I FEEL IT GET SO HARD IN MY STOMACH N JUS MOVE ACROSS IT.. I WAS FREAKED OUT.. I THOUGHT I WAS TRIPPIN N SO DID MY HUSBAND.. UNTIL I LET HIM FEEL IT N HE WAS TRIPPIN RITE ALONG WIT ME..LOL BUT ITS CRAZY CUZ I DNT KNO WHAT IT IS OR WHAT ITS FRM.. MINE COME MOSTLY WHEN IM LAYIN DWN OR SITTIN UP CHILLIN.. I NEED TO GO TO DOCTOR BUT THEY DNT EVER TELL ME ANYTHING.. BUT ANYWAYS AND I DNT HIGHLY THINK ITS GAS.. BUT THEN THEN AGAIN I DNT KNO.. I JUS DNT THINK GAS MOVES LIKE THAT... SO WHAT IS IT REALLY N WHY AM I FEELING THIS THING PLAYIN OUT AS A BABY N MY STOMACH!!! I DNT FEEL SICK, SOMETIME NOT ALL I GET ALIL PAIN BUT IM JUS REALLY CURIOUS ON WHAT IS GOING ON INSIDE OF MY STOMACH? PLZ HELP ME OUT N LET ME KNO SOMETHING!!! PLZ! OH ONE MORE THING WHATEVER THIS THING IS..IF IM AM TRYIN TO GET PREGNANT NOW WILL IT HURT THE BABY OR ANYTHING???

Take the Poll

WHAT IS THIS N WHY IS IT THERE? IS IT HARMFUL?
  • COULD IT BE GAS
  • I DNT KNO WHAT ELSE IT COULD BE
vote
View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
Your posting is hard to read due to the poor spelling but what you are feeling may likely either be intestinal gas or food.

Keep in mind that a baby does not reside in the stomach; it resides in the uterus. However, most folks don't realize that the stomach moves in waves as it churns food after eating. This is done to break the food particles down further before it is moved onto the small intestine.

This churning begins when one smells, sees or even thinks about food. It's usually described as the stomach "growling" when it's empty. It's not unusual that these waves of motion can be mistaken for a baby moving.

Gail

KTC6175 responded:
I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, WHEN YOU FIND OUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I KNOW THERE IS NO WAY THIS CAN BE GAS, AND I'M FREAKED AS WELL.

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.