Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Large, hard lump in groin area.. what is it?
Anon_238557 posted:
A few days ago it started becoming uncomfortable to sit in most positions. When i checked it out, i noticed a large lump next to my vaginal area, but not on my vaginal area. It's 1 1/2 inches in length and it is definitely sore to the touch. The lump is hard and makes it hard to sleep, walk and sit. I'm a little concerned because i am 35 weeks pregnant and ave never had anything like this. I've tried massaging it and soaking in the tub, but nothing seems to be helping. ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS?

georgiagail responded:
At 35 weeks of pregnancy, you are likely seeing your OBGYN on a regular basis. Ask them to check out this lump.

If it's things like a pimple, a boil or a sebaceous cyst, it is likely to get more tender in a couple of days and may even "pop", releasing a bloody fluid. Once drained, the discomfort will diminish quickly. It's a tender spot to have one of these things pop up!

Gail

Heaven_Lea replied to georgiagail's response:
Next appointment is Wednesday, I thought it could be that, but when i googled it the details just didn't seem to match.
maybe its best to just get them to take a quick look. :)

May_2011 replied to Heaven_Lea's response:
If it is a boil, which sounds likely, try applying warm (not hot) compresses to the area. My doctor prescribed me antibiotic, but may not for you due to your pregnancy. When I first developed a boil, I was like "what the *&%# is this?" But it ended up not being a big deal--just a bit of an annoyance.

Heaven_Lea replied to May_2011's response:
i'm hoping thats what it is. i tried swimming in our saltwater pool at work and it seemed like it pushed along the process a little. Then i got in our hot mineral bathes for only a few seconds because i'm not supposed to be in hot tubs. seemed to either start taking its cycle and do what it needs to, or made it worse, im not sure.
my dr should be able to tell me tomorrow. my mom and grandma says its normal, but if this is normal i should have been born a man lol. because its painful!

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 100 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.