Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Severe Pain on Right Side during period
    ncarver03 posted:
    I am having severe pain on my right side. It is like a stabbing pain that doesn't stop. I started my period yesterday and the pain orginially started in my abdominal area kind of felt like I had a c section. Now it has localized to my lower right side. I can't sit, stand, or walk without being in extreme pain. I have even taken vicodin and it won't work What could this be?
    georgiagail responded:
    An Internet board hasn't a clue but from your description, this sounds very painful and needs to be looked into medically.

    tera582 responded:
    had the same problem in february my ob found a large mass in right overy as well as blood clot in uterus im not a doctor but i have had 4 csections and i know when the pain isnt right please for your health tell your ob check uterus and ovaries

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.