Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Study Adds Support to Mammograms Starting at Age 40
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
"In the latest findings to fuel the debate on when to start getting mammograms , new research adds support to those suggesting that annual breast X-rays should begin at age 40.

"Screening younger women has been controversial, with 2009 guidelines from a U.S. federal task force recommending against routine mammography screening for average-risk women in their 40s.

"The new study showed that mammograms were just as likely to find invasive breast cancers in women with no family history of breast cancer as in women with a family history of the disease." Please follow the link to learn more.

Will you/have you started mammograms at age 40? What do you think of this latest study?

Byroney
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows. -Jennifer Unlimited-

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.