Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Holidays with Your Family or the In-laws?
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you have a debate every year? Do you swap every-other-year? Do you make them come to your house? Or do you just refuse to take part in any Holiday silliness?

Hop on over to our New Debate Community and share your how you and your family solve the eternal question of where to spend the Holidays. Feel free to share tips, vent, or look for possible solutions.

Have fun!

Byroney
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows. -Jennifer Unlimited-

RoseLynn02 responded:
Well my family is spread through the mid-west & Vegas & my in-laws live in Vegas & some in Wisconsin. So, Occasionally my in-laws will come to our house for the holidays, but my parents have 3 kids including me so they take turns going to each of our houses. This year it's the middle child, one of my older 2 brothers (I'm the youngest & only girl), turn. Usually the other 2 kids, who ever's turn it isn't, will also go to the house of the sibling who is suppose to host my parents, but this year my mother-in-law is coming so it will just be my parents & my brothers & then next year is my turn to host my parents & brothers. So, now I'm hosting 2 yrs in a row. It's fun for my kids though.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to RoseLynn02's response:
Wow, RoseLynn, it sounds a bit complicated, but seems like you've all figured a way to work out Holiday visits. That's very nice of you to host two years in a row for your kids and family's benefit.

Hope you have a warm and wonderful Holiday season,

Byroney
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows. -Jennifer Unlimited-

RoseLynn02 replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Anything for the kids right? No I love it. Family is important to me & since I don't get to see them all that often it's well worth it. Thank you though & I hope your holiday are wonderfully & special.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I suppose I'm lucky. My in-laws are Jehovah's Witnesses so they don't celebrate holidays. As a result, we go to my parents' house for holidays.

My brother and his wife usually trade holidays between our parents and her mom. For example, they'll do Thanksgiving with our parents and Christmas with her mom and the next year switch and do Thanksigiving with her mom and Christmas with our parents. This year they're doing both with our parents. My brother says he doesn't like going to his wife's mom's house for Christmas because she doesn't put up any Christmas decorations.

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.