Skip to content
Issue with "down there"..?
An_241757 posted:
I'm 16 years old, and am very self conscious. It's been a while (2-3 years?) since I've had this, and I keep on searching up things and can never seem to find an answer, and I'm kind of embarrassed to ask my mom about it. I have a bunch of extra skin only on the right side (like it grew too much, but not a bulge of any kind), and it's a dark purple-ish colour, but not bruised and there's no pain. I think it's called protruding vaginal material. My discharge is also a bit yellow and it has a semi-strong scent. Any help/guesses on what this is would be greatly appreciated. I will also be telling my mom about this fairly soon, I just want to get an idea. Thanks~
An_241761 responded:
its not too uncommon for one side to grow a little different than the other, your boobs do it too. the purple is also really common. as u keep growing, it'll most likely even out. and your discharge is probably like that because of all the hormones you have going on in your body from puberty. you should still tell your mom and see what she thinks, maybe even show her if you can work up the courage. not like she hasn't seen it before right lol?
Anon_475 responded:
"I think it's called protruding vaginal material."

No, it's your labia.
Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Anon_475's response:
Anon_475 is probably correct that it's your labia. Nurse Jane Gave This Reply a while ago to a member who was wondering if she had normal labia, and it may be helpful to you.

I agree with An_241761 that bringing this up to your mom or doctor would probably be a good idea to be sure.

Best wishes,

Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows. -Jennifer Unlimited-

Helpful Tips

I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.