Skip to content
Period Every Two Weeks
An_241963 posted:
Since I was 12, I have had periods that came regularly, but they were always very heavy and my cramps were so bad that I would pass out. I am turning 20, and starting January 2011, my period started coming every two weeks. It is still like this, and it is now December 2011. So I will soon be getting my 23rd period this year. I really do not know if this is even normal for some women, and if it is normal, I don't want to end up being incapable of having a child, when I'm older due to the decrease of eggs. Why does my period come every 2 weeks regularly now, and what should I do?

georgiagail responded:
This is something you need to discuss with your gynecologist. It certainly isn't normal to have a menstrual period every two weeks.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Severe cramping and bleeding...any ideas?
I am almost 30yrs old. I just got off my period 10 days ago but two days aago, i began spotting a bright pink. last night i began bleeding ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.