Skip to content
PCOS and spotting
nic14120 posted:
Hello!

I am 33 yrs old and had my second baby 9 months ago. I was partially BF for 4 months, but received a full period after 2 months post baby, then again aout 45 days later. Aug was the last time I had an actual period. I saw my OB beg of Dec for my annual, my pap was normal, and so was my exam. She wanted me to take provera to bring on my period, then start BC since I have PCOS, and have not had a period. I had taken provera right before I got pregnant, actually 2x before, and I don't feel comfortable taking it a 3rd time, since it is synthetic.

Sortly after my appt, prob a week later, I felt like I was starting my period. My bleeding was light as if it was starting, but red. then it tappered off, but I continued spotting every day going on three weeks now. Sometimes it can stain a pad lightly, other times with a bowel movement it can be a heavier wipe of blood. I am due to get my bloodwork done for my thyroid levels, and cbc/diabetes (since I was gestational)> does this sound common for PCOS since I have not had a period 4 months, that this spotting can last so long? Could it be due to my hormones being off from my thyroid levels?

Thank yoU!

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.