Skip to content
Pelvic Pain, Backache, Heavy discharge, Mid-Cycle Bleeding ....
kat0100 posted:
Bear with me, this may be long.

About two weeks ago, I started getting an excessive amount of yellow discharge. I'd compare it to blowing your nose when you have a sinus infection -- yellow goopy snot. There was a ton soaking my underwear on a daily basis. When I would go to the bathroom, there would be a string of it hanging from me to the toilet. When I coughed, I'd feel it gush out of me. I'm actually quite notorious for making excuses, so I chalked that one up to having a sudden surge of hormones flowing through my body; although, initially I thought perhaps a yeast infection. It had no smell ... at first. It does now, or maybe it's my imagination. Fast forward to last Thursday -- I start getting a lower backache. It was a dull, but constant sort of pain. It felt almost like pre-labor pains. Friday morning, it had gotten worse. I thought maybe a kidney stone was the culprit as the pain was now in the right lower abdomen. Appendicitis crossed my mind, but I did that little thumb on your lower rib and pinky on your hip bone test -- nothing. Also laid on my left side to see if the pain increased -- nothing. I know, self diagnosis is bad. Anyhow, that lower right abdomen pain was sharp and spasm-like, although, not constant. It was almost a cross between a pulled muscle and really bad gas. It was enough of a pain that it kept me out of work all day. Friday night, I started running a low-grade fever (99-100) and felt like the flu had taken over. I didn't eat anything all day long as I just felt like I could vomit any second. I didn't see a doctor at the point because I figured it was just the flu. This morning though -- I started getting blood mixed into my yellow discharge. The blood has gotten worse throughout the day. About four hours ago, I seemed to drop some sort of solid into the toilet that was covered in blood. I really thought it was a kidney stone. My husband attempted to dig it out of the toilet for me (bless his heart), but it slipped and went down the hole. He couldn't tell if it was solid or not. Perhaps it was just a pretty dense blood clot. Right now, my main concern is the blood (I'm wearing a panty liner now because although it's not like a period, it's definitely consistent every time I go to the bathroom). The pain has subsided quite a bit, but I'm still nervous. No fever or nausea as of today.

I guess I should also add that I'm 27, two children (both were premature), and unless my husband's vasectomy failed -- no risk of being pregnant. I'm otherwise pretty healthy and my periods are like clock work. I'm mid-cycle at the moment. I do, however, have a history of pain during sex and have been diagnosed with Vulvodynia (after everything else was ruled out); although, nothing has ever been done about it. I am extremely sensitive down there and even the slightest touch of certain soaps can make it burn for days. I have no history of STD's and have been in a monogamous relationship for eight years; although, I had a couple previous partners before my husband.

Sorry for the long post. I've been debating for 3 days whether I should see a doctor and more specifically, if I should go to ER today. Although I feel perfectly fine at this moment, if the pain hits me tonight like it did yesterday -- I'd think I was in labor once again. Any similar experiences from anyone? Or any insight into what it could be? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous and I guess I just keep finding excuses for not going to the doctor. Welcome to my life.

georgiagail responded:
Sounds like an infection. Best to get this looked into. Call your OB-GYN first thing Monday morning.

Gail

ajohnson08099 replied to georgiagail's response:
I definately would get a hold of your Dr. If the pain comes back tonight I would definately go to the ER. Remember (I do the same thing) just because you ignore a problem doesn't mean its going to go away.

Just want to say though it sounds like you have a sweetheart for a husband. I love my SO to death, but I don't think he'd ever do that for me!!

I hope you figure out what is wrong.

kat0100 replied to ajohnson08099's response:
One huge advantage to marrying a farm boy is the fact that absolutely nothing disgusts them! Ha. My husband is definitely a keeper

I'm going to make an appointment to the doctor tomorrow morning. I'm having slight cramping at the moment, but nothing extreme. I am dropping actual blood clots into the toilet now, however. Nothing super extreme, but like before -- it's pretty consistent every time I go to the bathroom. This morning when I woke up, it was more of a dark brown rather than bright red. We shall see what the doc says tomorrow ....

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.