Skip to content
Bleeding for 4months
tmac49 posted:
ive been having vaginal bleeding since October 29, 2011 and continuing to bleed currently January 13, 2012. ive had massive abdominal cramps. diarriaha, im now anemic and some other symptoms of endomotriosis. my mother, grandmother and sister were all diagnosed with the disease and im sure i have it but the military dr keeps giving me pap smears and say nothings wrong. i need to know a sure way to figure out what is going on with my body and see if i do have endomitrosis.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
A pap smear will not diagnose the cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding. If possible you need to be seen by another doctor. If one isn't available, look for a Planned Parenthood in your area.

jk5493 responded:
Hello -
Sorry to hear about all of this craziness going on for you! I can understand completely. In 2010, I bled from February everyday, all day until the end of November and boy oh boy was that fun! My family (mother especially) has a rough history of endometriosis... so I can see how you are worried about it.

There are all sorts of causes for abnormal uterine bleeding so it's important to get into your doctor. A lot of times there is no known cause. So, like I said...important to get into see your OBGYN. Oftentimes, if you have an irregular period and maybe miss it for a while, your uterine lining (endometrium) builds up. So, sometimes there is a lot in there to shed. A lot of the times, it's nothing that a good 'ole dose of oral contraceptives can't cure. Bottom line, call your doctor if you have any hesistation as to whether or not something is wrong! Irregular periods are always a hint telling us that something, even if it's just a minor hormone imbalance, is wrong. For me, it was my PCOS acting up. As of now, I am 12 months without a period and have just started Provera. Not a fun medicine to take!
Good luck!

jk5493 replied to jk5493's response:
Also, if there is no Planned Parenthood or Health Dept (that's a great option because they could do a transvaginal ultrasound which is probably what you need. They usually do that for AUB) near you, then you can always walk into an ER. I know it's probably more military docs, but you might have better luck in finding one that is willing to look into your case more (usually at the hospital they always will - esp. with bleeding). They have to see you regardless of your ability to pay.

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.