Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Could I be pregnant?
    ANWARD0715 posted:
    I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend who has a high sperm count on Jan 14. I haven't had a menstrual cycle in 3 years but I took a fertility test and I am able to get pregnant. It's only been 3 days but I have a gut feeling that I may be pregnant. I don't know when I should take a pregnancy test or to go see a doctor. I don't even know in my situation if I will show show symptoms or if I will get them early. What should I do?
    jk5493 responded:
    Anytime you have unprotected sex, you run the risk of getting pregnant.... With that said, considering your circumstance (not having a period for a while), your doctor would be the best one to answer your questions I think. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call or go in for a pregnancy test. 3 days may be a bit too early...but, call ahead and see what they'd like for you to do.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.