Skip to content
Could I be pregnant?
ANWARD0715 posted:
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend who has a high sperm count on Jan 14. I haven't had a menstrual cycle in 3 years but I took a fertility test and I am able to get pregnant. It's only been 3 days but I have a gut feeling that I may be pregnant. I don't know when I should take a pregnancy test or to go see a doctor. I don't even know in my situation if I will show show symptoms or if I will get them early. What should I do?

jk5493 responded:
Anytime you have unprotected sex, you run the risk of getting pregnant.... With that said, considering your circumstance (not having a period for a while), your doctor would be the best one to answer your questions I think. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call or go in for a pregnancy test. 3 days may be a bit too early...but, call ahead and see what they'd like for you to do.

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.