Stopped Provera...now what?
jk5493 posted:
Hi Jane -

So, I went to the doctor (a new one that I had a horrid experience with) and basically, all he told me was to stop the provera. I, as a self-pay patient, paid for him to just tell me that. He didn't examine me or anything. In fact, he said I was too young to have any major issues (despite not having a period for 11.5 months and having horrible pain, etc - recall from my post: Provera) So, one of the questions he neglected to answer is this: How much blood is too much to lose? During my "regular" (irregular) periods, I usually use one super pad per 45 minutes to an hour. Also, what if I don't get my period? What's the next step. Today would have been day 9 on the provera... so he said to maybe expect my period tomorrow or sunday at the latest. I have tons of questions but have class in 10 minutes so I have to rush away.
Thanks for any help,

Jade

jk5493 responded:
Beginning to think (despite the fact that it's only been 2 days) that I'm not EVER going to get my period! I'm not sure which I'm more afraid of: getting it or not getting it!