Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stopped Provera...now what?
jk5493 posted:
Hi Jane -

So, I went to the doctor (a new one that I had a horrid experience with) and basically, all he told me was to stop the provera. I, as a self-pay patient, paid for him to just tell me that. He didn't examine me or anything. In fact, he said I was too young to have any major issues (despite not having a period for 11.5 months and having horrible pain, etc - recall from my post: Provera) So, one of the questions he neglected to answer is this: How much blood is too much to lose? During my "regular" (irregular) periods, I usually use one super pad per 45 minutes to an hour. Also, what if I don't get my period? What's the next step. Today would have been day 9 on the provera... so he said to maybe expect my period tomorrow or sunday at the latest. I have tons of questions but have class in 10 minutes so I have to rush away.
Thanks for any help,

Jade

jk5493 responded:
Beginning to think (despite the fact that it's only been 2 days) that I'm not EVER going to get my period! I'm not sure which I'm more afraid of: getting it or not getting it!

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.