Skip to content
Period for over 52 days and still counting
An_242976 posted:
I went to the doctor after having a normal/heavy period for 52 days. She put me on moxyprogestrone 10mg for ten days. During the ten days I did spot now I have been off of it for three and back to bleeding and cramping. They did do blood work and I have elevated insulin levels and have a ultra sound scheduled. Please help me...Have you been in this situations? What did your Doctor do?

jk5493 responded:
Well, I had my period from Feb. 2010 to Nov. 2010...then, had a couple of periods and nothing since. So, my situation is kind of opposite. But, they put me on Provera 10mg/10days to start my period. It did absolutely nothing. And now, they aren't doing anything about it - I'm not sure what to do either. Good to know that I'm not the only one who got zero help from the medicine!

someonewhocares3 responded:
Sorry you're dealing with this! Here's some good info on heavy bleeding - Heavy bleeding

Hope this helps! Post back and let us know what you find out.

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.