Skip to content
I have tummy problems! Advice/Thoughts?
Lizzy502 posted:
For the past few months food has got more and more unappealing to me. I can hardly eat one meal a day without it tasting gross and me wanting to vomit it. Somedays, I just go without eating because I don't feel hungry nor do I even want to look at food. But then at night I get these horrible pains, like I am hungry..it also feels like if I do eat - it'll come right back up. Should I make myself eat when it hurts? What'd help it? Why is food so unappealing? I use to LOVE food.

jk5493 responded:
I go through phases like this. Mine usually last a few weeks and then I usually go back to 'normal.' Try simple things like toast and such. Maybe apples. Cheerios; Think of little finger foods they give to infants when introducing solids - they are light on the tummy. Just try and find a few things that you can at least snack lightly on throughout the day to give yourself a good deal of nutrients. Also, make sure you are staying well hydrated and taking a vitamin supplement (I've found that taking it just before bed - if I take it any other time, I throw up until it's outta my body - not pleasant). Have you tried smoothies? You can pack a bunch of fruit and yogurt in there. Maybe some plain hummus and pita? Protein. Lastly, if it starts to worry you or you see a drastic change in your weight...call your doctor. Maybe he/she can suggest something to help. I've not investigated it myself so I can only offer suggestions as to what has helped me.

Helpful Tips

Missed period...I have an iud(Paragaurd)
Hi just need some advice, my LMP was at the end of october and i havent had another period since. I also have the Paragaurd IUD. It really ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.