Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain in breast
jsniemann posted:
I am just curious if I should be concerned. A couple of days ago, my left breast started hurting as if it is bruised but I do not see any type of discoloration. I am able to wear a bra without it hurting but any other pressure on it hurts. Is this something to be concerned about or could it just be bruising that can not be seen. I do have a 2 year old which results in a lot of accidental jabs to the breast. Thanks for any comments anyone may have.

nic14120 responded:
Do you happen to grow hair in that area? I get hair growth in some spots of my breasts, and when I have an ingrown hair it will at times feel like how you are explaining. Could that be possible?

Anon_123366 responded:
I get pain in my right breast a lot, and I have had tests done to make sure that there was nothing wrong. I do have fibrocystic breasts, and they tend to hurt a lot sometimes. My doctor recommended that I take Evening Primrose Oil, and this has helped me tremendously with the pain. I would definitely talk with your doctor and rule out any issues, but maybe try the Evening Primrose Oil and see if that helps.

Take care and good luck!

jsniemann replied to nic14120's response:
I do not think that is the cause as I really do not grow much hair in that area. Thank you for the suggestion though.

jsniemann replied to Anon_123366's response:
Is it your whole breast that hurts or just a portion of it? I might try the oil to see if it does anything. Thanks!

Anon_160335 responded:
See your doctor if possible to be on the safe side.

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.