Skip to content
Pain in the upper abdominal area above the belly button
gman0950 posted:
Hi, I get upper abdominal pain, bloating and my stomach muscles feel harder than usual, all at the same time. these symptoms seem to occur at different times, sometimes after sex and sometimes even if I don't have sex for a few days. I have had a couple of sonograms already and a CT scan and according to my GYN, none of these symptoms are related to anything Gynocological. the sonograms did show that I have 2 ovarian cysts and that one has slightly burst. It also showed that I have very small fibroids. My GYN claims that the pain and bloating wouldn't be above the belly button due to these conditions. The sonograms also showed that I have a cyst on my right kidney. I was already aware of this cyst for a while now. When they first discovered it, my Doctor said everything was alright regarding that. I have an upcoming appt. to see a urologist in a few weeks, could the kidney cyst be causing the pain and bloating in the upper abdominal area??? They also found that I have a polyp on my gallbladder and I went to see a gastroenterologist and he said that the pain wouldn't be caused by that and to do a follow up in 6 months. Does anybody out there in the community have any ideas of what can be causing this type of pain, bloating and hardening of the stomach muscles, all occurring at the same time??? Please Help!!!

Cb88er responded:
I was having pain in the middle of my stomach and bloating and such.. turns out.. my gallbladder was in the middle of my abdomen and not to the right of it like it should be.. see if your doctor will do a HIDA scan to test the function of your gallbladder.. they also told me that I had four gallstones in my gallbladder that weren't visible on an ultrasound because they were so compact in there.. i feel WAY better now.. good luck, hope this helped!

gman0950 replied to Cb88er's response:
Thank you for your response! I will have that checked.

darlyn05 responded:
Has anyone thought of your liver or pancrease(sp)?

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.