Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Is it possible??
nic14120 posted:
A few months back Gail answered a question pertaining to some red spots that developed following my daughter pinching my breast. I can't get in to see my OB for a few weeks, but these little red marks have stayed the same size and red color, and don't seem to be fading. Is it possible that these little marks can become perminent on my skin? There is nothing else of concern on the breast, and nothing felt under these marks. They showed up the following day, after my daughter squeezed me in that area. Thank you for your help!!

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear nic: Gosh, there is no way to know if they will be permanent until a true diagnosis is made. Typically pinch marks are small broken blood vessels--these tend to resolve in time. The red marks may actually be coincidental to the pinching. If this is the case, and they are actually a dermatology condition, they might resolve after treatment. Lastly, if it is a structural thing (eg cherry angioma), like moles these will tend remain as they are. Seeing your OB is the best idea so they can give you a conclusive diagnosis.

Yours,
Jane

Helpful Tips

Grandma all ready
Hi, I'm 57 years old and have 8 grand kids. I am bleeding pretty heavy, kid of like a period. I had a complete hysterectomy in 1978. What ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.