Getting Started
BMW0316 posted:
I am a 38G and trying to look into the process of how to get a breast reduction. My OBGYN wrote a letter for my insurance company stating why I should have the surgury and that it should be covered. However, when I look at my insurance website I am unsure where to go from there. They want my BMI and other things I don't know what it is or how to get it. Do I have to make an appointment with my regular doctor or with the surgen who will perform the surgery and have them send documentation? I just would like some help getting started. Its a confusing process.

nic14120 responded:
I would seek out a surgeon. I had a breast reduction in 2001. I was a DDD, brought down to a small D. They took off 6 lbs and I am glad I did it!! I went on about 5 consultations, and took my time, until I felt comfortable with the Dr I used. He took photo's and did a breast exam (to tell my tissue was dense)...and that was all I needed to do. Things may have changed, but they can probably direct you in the right direction, while getting some info for yourself. Good luck! PS- not painful recovery at all! I was out and about by day 2.