Skip to content
In addition to my question below- UTI
nic14120 posted:
I read online that D- Mannose can be taken safely to treat and prevent a UTI. Is this a safe alternative/ Based on my over 100,000 bacteria count and flank pain, is it safe to possibly try this over Cipro. I do want to note that I suffer from a heart arrythmia, so I want to make sure that this route will not cause any life threatning issues with my heart condition either...thank you!

georgiagail responded:
Most of the sites that promote this are also selling the product; something to beware of.

It's important to distinguish between using a product to PREVENT a medical issue and CURE a medical issue. For example, cranberry products may have a protectant value against UTI's but are totally useless in curing one once you have this.

Gail

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.