Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    nipple problem
    An_244854 posted:
    am a 55 yr old woman. when i was in my early 30's I was talked into getting both of my nipples pierced. This year in January I decided to stop wearing the jewelry. Everything was ok and about 2 weeks ago I was having some pain in my nipples and now every couple of days they seem to be discharging a white/yellowish substance which has an odor. Do I need to see a doctor or is this something which will clear up? could it be a form of cancer?
    nic14120 responded:
    I am in no way in the medical field, but I can speak from personal experience. I had pierced my belly button many years ago, and the way that I knew it was infected was by what you are explaining. Mine too had a discharge, and and very foul odor. I removed the jewlery (in which you already did)...and cleaned it often with alcohol. I would maybe try that first and see if it resolves. If not, I would seek out medical attention to rule everything out. Good luck!!

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.